Sunday, September 18, 2011

God Bless Coach Dave Gavitt

Just a quick not but the sports world lost  a great one yesterday.    Coach Dave Gavitt  passed away  in Providence.   I can't even attempt to list his accomplishments but I knew him mostly as the founder of the Big East Conference.   Like myself and others that went to Georgetown we owe a lot to Coach Gavitt for the value of our degree.   G-town was a real nice regional college without the Big East, with the Big East its a national university.   Away from all his accomplishments including some important to me...Coach was a great guy.   Had opportunity to meet him....couldn't have been a nicer guy....was willing to talk about hoops and the Big East to no end and to my delight.  
My thanks goes out to the old hoops coach and my sympathies go out to his family.  



No comments: